Ray "Bubba" Sorensen and the magnificent "Rock of American Ages" that he painted. More about Bubba and more pictures of the rock in future columns. Please pass them on to friends and fellow McCain supporters. My dear friend Rhodann Elliott of Corpus Christi, Texas, sent me this picture and several others. I told Rhodann, a fellow flag-waver and with a son-in-law in Iraq, that individuals like Barack and Michelle cannot understand what America and the flag mean to people like us (and especially, to John McCain). As a poet said in another context, "It means not less than everything." As you see on the rock, "All give some, some give all."
IF YOU WD LIKE E-MAILED COPIES OF SORENSEN'S PICTURES, PLEASE EMAIL ME AT: TALKTOP65@AOL.COM. (THERE ARE 10)Note: If you and your supporters take many of actions listed below, you'll be singing a happy tune on Election Eve, November 4. I hope every candidate, congressional and otherwise, and all their supporters put up a similar list up on your web site/blog. You might modify and shorten it, perhaps to "25 (or 50) ways you can help me [your candidate] win in November." Remember, however, that it makes sense to ask supporters to do a few things rather than many. (I'll write more about that in coming days.)
One important additional step candidates should take is to list and recommend the blogs of supporters -- including yours truly -- on the campaign web site. Another step is to get people to visit those web sites -- and urge them to contribute.
Note: If candidates need help adapting this list to their own situations, they should contact me at: TalkTop65@aol.com.
From Moms for McCain blog: http://moms4mccain.blogspot.com/Some days I wish I could personally fly to every McCain appearance, gas up the Straight Talk Express, and talk to every undecided voter in America. But I can't. The good news is there are PLENTY of ways to support McCain for those of us with limited funds and time.Here are some ideas, in random order, ranging from obvious to creative, easy to challenging! Report back which ideas worked!
1. Put a McCain bumper sticker on your car.
2. Put a McCain sign on your lawn (or in your apartment/dorm window or office/cubicle.)
3. Change your email signature to promote http://www.johnmccain.com/ or the Moms for McCain blog http://moms4mccain.blogspot.com/ (or insert your other favorite blog).
4. Change your voicemail message (may help avoid unwanted Obama supporter calls too!).
5. Support McCain on Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/johnmccain.
6. Support McCain on Facebook
7. Join the John McCain 2008 Ning network (there is participation from campaign volunteer staff on this board too)
8. Participate in LinkedIn discussions with McCain folks.
9. Add a McCain widget to your webpage.
10. Invite 10 friends to join http://www.mccainnow.com/
11. Find the Google Group for your state for updates on local events, volunteering, etc. at http://www.mccaingooglegroups.com/
12. Leave pro-McCain comments at YouTube, official campaign videos are posted by http://www.johnmccain.com/.
13. Check out the McCain video channel at http://www.veoh.com/
14. Write letters to the editor of national and local papers http://www.johnmccain.com/ActionCenter/WriteNewspapers.aspx
15. Call in to radio shows: Michael Medved
16. Call in to radio shows: Laura Ingraham
17. Call in to radio shows: Rush Limbaugh
18. Call in to radio shows: Sean Hannity
19. Call in to radio shows: Dennis Prager
20. Call in to radio shows: Hugh Hewitt (side note: not always a huge fan of his, but I read his book on Blogging cover-to-cover during bath times and recommend it for novice bloggers.)
21. Call in to radio shows: Mike Gallagher
22. Call in to radio shows: Bill Bennett
23. Call into radio shows: Michelle Malkin
24. Join the John McCain Meetup group to meet other supporters online and in person!
25. Volunteer with your local Republican party - getting voters out to support McCain.
26. Share your convictions with people you trust, via e-mail, letter, or face-to-face. There's no substitute for 'straight talk!'
27. Ask your friends if they are registered to vote. If they're busy Moms, ask if they register absentee so they don't have to schlep out to vote (this is encouraged in Washington state, check with your local jurisdiction).
28. Doorbell for McCain prior to primaries and elections in your state (usually coordinated through local Republican Party).
29. Email a letter of support, including a link to http://www.johnmccain.com/ to anyone/everyone in your address book.
30. Make http://www.johnmccain.com/ your homepage so you're up to date on the campaign.
31. Vote for McCain in online polls. Here's one for this week.
32. Contact cable stations running false and offensive ads to complain.
33. PRAY for wisdom for McCain, his campaign staff and volunteers, and American voters.
34. Forward a blog post you like to 5 friends a day (if you feel like you're bugging people, pick different friends each day.)
35. Buy and read McCain's biography, Faith of Our Fathers.
36. Come to a McCain event.
Thank Sela Ward for her support of McCain and Hope Village for Children, her charity serving children in Mississippi.38. Sign up to volunteer for the campaign in your state.
39. Join the CafeMom John McCain for President Group!
40. Digg pro-McCain articles.41. Support pro-McCain articles and blog posts at Delicious.
42. Find pro-McCain blogs at http://www.wonkosphere.com/.43. Share sites with good news about McCain, such as Citizens Against Government Waste.44. Support future first lady Cindy McCain's entrepreneurship by drinking Budweiser Beer!45. Register for http://www.mccainnow.com/ - a forum for McCain supporters.46. Wear a McCain lapel pin or button.
47. Buy a McCain coffee mug to drink in at your office. Those who don't care won't comment. May bring a few McCain supporters out of the closet (or their cubicles!)
48. Wear a McCain t-shirt to the gym.49. Carry a McCain water bottle (good for you, the environment, and the campaign!)
50. Post pro-McCain comments on CNN
51. Post pro-McCain comments on FoxNews
52. Post pro-McCain comments on MSNBC
53. Post pro-McCain comments on ABCNews
54. Post pro-McCain comments on CBSNews
55. Post pro-McCain comments on NBCNews
56. Post pro-McCain comments on Yahoo!
57. McCain key chain - every cashier, valet, carpool Mom will see it, only $5.00!
58. Wear your work badge (or, summer travelers, your ID/ticket) on a McCain lanyard.
59. Host a screening of 'Faith of My Fathers' DVD, based on McCain's biographical book about his captivity in Vietnam and the character that experience forged.
60. Wear a McCain baseball cap to kids' sports events and practices.
61. Treat baby to a McCain onesie! Who could resist an adorable, right-thinking cherub?!!?
62. Attend a local GOP meeting to network with fellow McCain supporters.
63. Shake hands with a veteran (or current soldier, sailor, airman) and tell them you're a McCain supporter who appreciates their service.
64. Tell friends about media appearances by John and Cindy McCain - lately they have each been on The View, David Letterman, Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
65. Create your own blog to support McCain. It's easy - I did it, you can too! Instructions at http://mccain08olc.blogspot.com/
66. Make a "Victory Jar" or "Freedom Fund", put in your loose change, and donate to the campaign once a month.
67. Find the McCain group for your religious affiliation - including Evangelicals for McCain, Catholics for McCain and more. See http://www.mv08.info/ for some listings (don't find one? Start one!)
68. Make a pro-McCain avatar (online picture identifier thingie) at http://www.meez.com/.
69. Add a pro-McCain button to your Yahoo homepage. http://news.yahoo.com/elections
70. Request McCain events at http://www.eventful.com/ .
71. Get up-to-the-minute messages from Twitter - John McCain 2008McCain News
72. Active Rain Group http://activerain.com/groups/JohnMcCain
73. Provide pro-McCain comments at http://www.huddlez.com/
74. Leave pro-McCain comments on http://www.blogher.com/
75. Leave pro-McCain comments at http://politics4moms.blogspot.com/
76. Leave pro-McCain comments at http://www.momsbuzz.com/
77. Put a McCain sticker up in your business.
78. Leave pro-McCain comments at http://www.youdecide2008.com/
79. Respond to editors of major magazines reporting on McCain: Time
80. Respond to editors of major magazines reporting on McCain: Newsweek
81. Respond to editors of major magazines reporting on McCain: US News & World Report
82. Include John McCain quotes as your 'quote of the day' or email signature.
83. Check out McCain-friendly forums at http://www.patriotscorner.com/forums/
84. Check out McCain-friendly forums at http://mccaintalk.com/
85. Check out McCain-friendly forums at http://disc.yourwebapps.com/Indices/240445.html#6
86. "Buzz" up Yahoo! articles on McCain http://buzz.yahoo.com/
87. Post a sticker or pro-McCain flyer featuring the website at your supermarket, library, senior center, or other public bulletin board.
88. Leave pro-McCain comments on Politico http://www.politico.com/
89. Leave pro-McCain comments on Little Green Footballs http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/
90. Leave pro-McCain comments on Instapundit http://www.instapundit.com/
91. Leave pro-McCain comments on http://www.townhall.com/
92. Register for updates from http://www.gop.com/
93. Join a McCain group representing you:r ethnic group: Latino, African-American, etc.
94. Leave pro-McCain comments on http://www.eyeon08.com/.
95. Leave pro-McCain comments on AOL.96. Leave pro-McCain comments on MSN.
97. Leave pro-McCain comments on http://www.realclearpolitics.com/.
98. Treat your stickered car to a McCain license plate holder http://store.johnmccain.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=LCR3024
99. This Mother's Day, tell Dad you want your own Mom for McCain gear!!
Oh, and yes, #100: You can donate to the campaign!!
Republican Congressional candidates whose web sites you will like:
Melissa Hart -- http://peoplewithhart.com/
Toni Gilhooley -- http://gilhooleyforcongress.com/
Marina Kats -- http://katsforcongress.com/ (preliminary site)
Michael Livingston -- http://livingstonforcongress.com/.