Saturday, September 27, 2008

Matt Hogue and Pennsylvania Corruption

Matt Hogue, a member of the Allegheny County Democratic "Executive" Committee wrote asking why I don't print his comments. I hadn't even known he'd made any comments, but I took the opportunity to tell him what I thought of him and his fellow western PA Democrats.


Matt, my blog is . . . my blog. If you send comments to me via e-mail, I will read and consider them for inclusion in the blogs. Truth be told, I have been too busy to even read comments, let alone "approve" them. Also, most of the comments I received from liberals were robotic talking points and did not advance any form of debate.

Frankly, my long-term purpose in political life is to put people like you and your fellow Democrats out of business. Any approach that helps in that process is one I will follow.

However, if you or any Democrat in this area ever wants to debate any issues in public, I will show up, even if the audience consists mainly of Obama-bots. I have been on KDKA-TV and other venues with liberal Democrats, and I relish the experience. I'm on the Clintons4McCain Blog Talk Radio program each Saturday (including today) and people often call in Some of them are Obama-bots.

From time to time, I have supported Democrats in state races. I supported Sean Ramalley prior to his criminal indictment. I did not support former Democratic House power Mike Veon, because I perceived, rightly, that he was criminal much loved by Democrats who lacked a fundamental sense of right and wrong.

Many Democrats, including Sean unfortunately, knew what was going on, but because they valued Party over state and country, they did nothing. You should be discussing such issues, but I fear you are not.

I fear most Democrats have too much in common with crooks like Frank Gigliotti, Pete DeFazio (and his underlings), Gigi Sullivan, Tawanda Carlyle, Cyril Wecht, Ben Woods, Jason Altmire, Cyril Wecht, Bill DeWeese, Mrs. Lavalle, and numerous others whose attitudes resemble Frank's "F---k the public." Thus, their comments (on my blog or elsewhere) reflect a basic dishonesty and disingenuousness.

I'd be happy to hear that you don't fit into that category. I don't know you well enough to make a judgment. However, I feel the Allegheny County Democratic Committee and those it supports are GENERALLY involved in criminal endeavors designed to fleece the public. I believe you and your Committee have done great damage to this region.

I will be writing soon on Ed Rendell's use of $750,000 million in "walking around money" in 2006. You know, and I know, this is basically vote-buying in African-American areas. If you have comments on that subject, e-mail them to me and I will put them up on the Pennsylvania for McCain blog.

steve maloney
ambridge, pa

No comments: